Meeting: Thursday, February 16, 2023v at Draesal Hall, The Holy Trinity Church
- Meeting was called to order by Frank Wilkinson, Vice President
- Kim M. reviewed the endorsement voting for candidates for Civil Court vacancies
- There are 2 vacancies to be filled: Civil Court - Countywide and City Court - 6th District; because only one candidate is seeking our endorsement for each position, we will vote to endorse by acclamation
- Candidate for Judge of the Civil Court Countywide Dana Marie Catanzaro, and candidate for Judge of the Civil Court - 6th Municipal Court District Anna Mikhaleva introduced themselves
- Dana Catanzaro and Anna Mikhaleva were endorsed by acclamation
- Frank led endorsement vote process for Assembly District Leaders
- FFDC has 4 District Leaders. Ben Wetzler, a long-standing and current (M) District Leader (76th AD, Part A), is moving out of the district, opening up a race to fill the position. A motion was made and voted in support of holding a race to fill Ben Wetzler’s seat.
- The other 3 candidates for District Leader are Part B (M) Gabe Panek, Part B (F) Kim Moscaritolo, Part A (F) Rebecca Weintraub, and all are running unopposed. A motion was made, and voted in favor to approve endorsement of the 3 unopposed candidates by acclamation. Each unopposed District Leader candidate presented, and members voted for their endorsement by acclamation.
- Candidates to fill Part A District Leader position are: Ben Akselrod, Billy Freeland, Todd Stein
- Candidates presented and answered questions from the audience
- Gabe P. led process for Members who were in attendance and those participating remotely by Zoom to vote to endorse District Leader Part A (M). Vote was conducted by rank chance voting.
- Ben Akselrod was elected first choice for District Leader Part A (M); Billy Freeland was elected as 2nd choice.
- Gabe led endorsement vote process for Judicial Delegates
- Voters were instructed to vote for 15 candidates as Judicial Delegate; remaining candidates will become Alternate Judicial Delegates.
- The following candidates were elected as Judicial Delegates:
- The following candidates were elected as Alternate Judicial Delegates:
- Frank called for there meeting to end